After the highly acclaimed The Book of Flesh and Feather, this work is the second opus manifesting the theurgical and magical rites of the Church of Flesh and Feather.
The Litanies of Thoth guides the reader deeply into the mysteries of communication with the Great God Djehuty via rites of divination and above all esoteric prayer. After a discussion on the power and essence of prayer within a mystery tradition, an entire prayer book for the liturgical year is offered to the practitioner of Khemetic/Netjerist Gnosis. Following the modified Coptic calendar (with the Gregorian calendar alongside it) powerful esoteric prayers are given for every day of the year and important holy days and feasts are noted.
In addition, the author introduces various methods of employing the prayers for theurgical and magical purposes and has appended a table of Isopsephy to allow further and deeper exegesis of the mystical texts.
To enable the student to enter an even more comprehensive communication with the deity, various intriguing methods of divination are presented. Amongst them divination by Cowrie shells, Senet sticks as well as a method of ink scrying.
The Litanies of Thoth is the perfect practical armament for the devotee of Thoth seeking empowerment and/or to work the liturgical year to establish a close and meaningful communication with the Great Djehuty by prayer, exegesis and divination.
This book is published in two editions, a limited Cloth Hardcover Edition of 720 copies and a special limited Auric Edition of 50 copies.
The Auric Edition will be something extraordinary as we have decided to commission a ‘Beutelbuch’ (girdle book) in the tradition of books carried by medieval clergy. Our Master Hand-binder is a specialist in manufacturing the ‘Beutelbuch’, a book whose full leather binding continues loose below the cover of the book in a long tapered tail with a large knot at the end by which the book was carried in the hand or tucked into the girdle or belt.
- 432 pages, page format: 100 x 153 mm
- high-quality wood-free, half-matte coated paper (100gsm)
- incl. several b/w illustrations by the author,
- Surbalin gold endpapers,
- headbands, ribbon, rounded spine.
Cloth Hardcover Edition (In Stock):
- bound in fine Bamberger Kaliko gold cloth,
- deep blue embossing on front and spine,
- limited to 720 copies.
Auric Edition (SOLD OUT):
- ‘Beutelbuch’ (girdle book) in the tradition of books carried by medieval clergy. Our Master Hand-binder is a specialist in manufacturing the ‘Beutelbuch’, a book whose full leather binding continues loose below the cover of the book in a long tapered tail with a large knot at the end by which the book was carried in the hand or tucked into the girdle or belt.
- handbound in full high-quality leather (manufactured in Germany and tanned using eco-friendly processes),
- blind embossing on front, lettering on spine,
- limited to only 50 hand-numbered copies.